Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Digiscoping Question

From: Thomas
Subject: Digiscoping question

I'm interested in buying a digital camera that's compatible with the adapter you sell for the Bushnell spotting scopes, the Elite, for the purpose of digiscoping. I see there are Nikon camera and Canon camera"ring" adapters for the Bushnell scope. Do you recommend a camera I could buy for this purpose? I also have heard of universal digiscoping adapters that would allow me to use a camera and be able to swing it away?


Hello Thomas, thanks for the great questions! From your email I'm going to presume you are referring to the 80mm Bushnell Elite spotting scope (rather than the Elite 60mm or Elite 70mm versions).
There are two ways you can take pictures through this particular scope:

The first way would be to use a digital SLR camera, such as a Canon EOS or Nikon D90 for example. To do this, you would purchase the Bushnell photo-adapter as well as a T-Ring for whichever camera you are using.

The alternative method would be to use a small "point-and-shoot" digital camera. To do this, you would need to use the Vortex Large Universal Adapter. This adapter works with most any point-and-shoot camera that has a smaller optical zoom (3-4x). A good example of a camera that works well with this adapter would be the Leica C-Lux.

Hope this helps get you started with digiscoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.