Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Interpupilary Distance Question

Dear Eagle Optics,

Can you tell me the name of the specification that describes how close the tubes can get on a pair of binoculars?

I have very close set eyes and can only use most binoculars as a telescope. My old pair of Minolta Activa 8x40 was almost what I needed but is finally falling apart after almost 10 years of really rough treatment. I'm a casual user and am looking to spend in the mid $300 range.



The term you’re looking for is IPD or interpupilary distance.

If you call your eye doctor, they will have your IPD measurement on file.http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif
If you give us your minimum IPD measurement and/or measure the IPD of the Minolta you own, we should be able to suggest some binoculars that might work for you.

When you measure your binocular, you can give us the measurement in millimeters from the center of one binocular eyepiece to the other.

Eagle Optics

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.